Pretentious, opinionated language

Games, technology, music, silliness. Oh and ninjas. Lots of ninjas.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Oslo, Norway

I am Andreas. Day time programmer and technical consultant. Night time musician and game developer.

Saturday, February 26, 2005

mIRC aliases

Been a while, had one heck of a time getting things done at work. Oh and i bought Mercenaries for xbox and World of warcraft, which has pretty much murdered my spare time.

Thought i'd give you guys a little share of my awesome geekiness. I'm on IRC, and have been for far too long. I've never been too interested in the whole scripting gig for mIRC, but i've gone as far as to learn enough to set up a few extra convenient aliases. Thought i'd share my aliases with you and show you how to make your own :)

Take the following scripts, copy them, and paste them into the Aliases section of the mIRC script editor (Alt+R)

***SCRIPTS***

/imdb {
set %url http://www.imdb.com/Find?select=All&for= $+ $replace($1-, " ", "+")
/run %url }

/rottentomatoes {
set %url http://www.rottentomatoes.com/search/full_search.php?search= $+ $replace($1-, " ", "+")
/run %url }

/gamespy {
set %url http://search.gamespy.com/my/sb?pageID=2003&nuaction=gameSearch&platformSearch=-1&esrb=&scoreRangeSearch=&x=0&y=0&gameTitleSearch= $+ $replace($1-, " ", "+")
/run %url }

/mobygames {
set %url http://www.mobygames.com/search/quick?q= $+ $replace($1-, " ", "+")
/run %url }

/google {
set %url http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q= $+ $replace($1-, " ", "+")
/run %url }

/dictionary {
set %url http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q= $+ $replace($1-, " ", "+")
/run %url }

/thesaurus {
set %url http://thesaurus.reference.com/search?q= $+ $replace($1-, " ", "+")
/run %url }

/? {
set %url http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ $+ $replace($1-, " ", "+")
/run %url }

***END SCRIPTS***

To use them, for instance, for searching thesaurus.com for a word of your choice, simply type /thesaurus

None of you guys who know of my blog are idiots, so i'm guessing you can figure this one out from here ;) Have fun

6 Comments:

Anonymous Big Yellow Box by Crayola said...

Find out how your company rates by using a little known rating system!

Is your company a Scam, Dud, Scheme, Fraud Or Good Opportunity?.

95% of the money-making opportunities on the internet have been worked to death or are not suitable to be marketed through the internet. How does your company and/or opportunity rate… I’ll leave it to you to decide if your service, product and/or money making opportunity falls in this category.

Hurry you may NOT be happy with what you will find!

12:48 AM  
Anonymous HEALTH THRU NUTRITION (HTN) said...

Find out how your company rates by using a little known rating system!

Is your company a Scam, Dud, Scheme, Fraud Or Good Opportunity?.

95% of the money-making opportunities on the internet have been worked to death or are not suitable to be marketed through the internet. How does your company and/or opportunity rate… I’ll leave it to you to decide if your service, product and/or money making opportunity falls in this category.

Hurry you may NOT be happy with what you will find!

7:27 AM  
Anonymous Henn Workshops said...

Find out how your company rates by using a little known rating system!

Is your company a Scam, Dud, Scheme, Fraud Or Good Opportunity?.

95% of the money-making opportunities on the internet have been worked to death or are not suitable to be marketed through the internet. How does your company and/or opportunity rate… I’ll leave it to you to decide if your service, product and/or money making opportunity falls in this category.

Hurry you may NOT be happy with what you will find!

7:28 AM  
Anonymous Warm Spirit said...

I found a company that pays $10 - $50/hr for shopping the classifieds!

Work At Home $10 - $50/hr Easy part/full time work, no boss, no commute, no set hours, paid every 12 days..

I'm making over $500 a day with this company and will be happy to help you do the same.

Hurry postions are filling fast!

4:44 PM  
Blogger Silver Fox said...

I found a company that pays $10 - $50/hr for shopping the classifieds!

Work At Home $10 - $50/hr Easy part/full time work, no boss, no commute, no set hours, paid every 12 days..

I'm making over $500 a day with this company and will be happy to help you do the same.

Hurry postions are filling fast!

5:34 PM  
Blogger melloman said...

Hello Sunjammer, I was surfing blogs and paused at your title this post. Thats what really caught my eye. I am promoting a horse charms related website and need to find more information to offer some of my internet friends. Not exactly what I was looking for but you have givin me some good ideas about what could be done with my horse charms related site that I will book mark and come back to hopefully get some more education from your site, you have some good stuff maybe you could visit my website and let me know what you think in my contact page. Just click on the link horse charms. Thank you and I wish you well .

8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home